Friday, May 10, 2013

Day 49 knot maul shelter

5/8/13
Miles hiked 13.9
Total miles 556.1

We had another wet, cool day. We hiked thru some beautiful farm land today,  but we spent most of the day trying not to fall on our butts or off the trail. The trail is wet and muddy and very slick.  We saw cows and some cool old farms.

We are using our new tent for the fist time. It is raining now. So far we are happy with it. We got here and the shelter was full.

It u s suppose to rain for four more days. The constant wetness is causing trouble with my feet. This is the first foot issue I have had on the trail.  My wife Joyce is going to mail me my new trail runners which are a 1/2 size bigger.  I am so blessed to have such a loving and supportive wife.

I am inspired every day by Sassafras. She hikes every day no matter how difficult and does it with a smile. She is a very special girl. Kaboose

Today was fun. We hiked 13.9 miles. It sprinkled for most of the day. The sun came up. I still got wet though. Sassafras

2 comments:

  1. Those are some sad looking shoes... Hope you get dried out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In an earlier post I mentioned reading a book about a guy who walked the Amazon River. Wetness was a constant problem.......having had similar experiences, I've always managed by having enough dry socks plus foot power to put on my feet at night. You guys are old hands at this, so this is nothing new to you so I'll leave it with keep trucking and I agree with the earlier post...those are some REALLY SAD looking shoes :)

    ReplyDelete