Sunday, June 15, 2014

A.T. 2014 mount Moosilauke

  1. We had an interesting day.  We hiked up the 4800 foot Mount Moosilauke, actually Sassafras ran upt. It as cold, windy and wet in the clouds on the summit. We did not hang out on the summit, i can tell you. I fell and rolled my ankle just as we were heading down. I got down but it was tough. My ankle is swollen, but it does not hurt too much. I plan to ice it and rest and probably get an ankle brace. We were going to go down to New York to start hiking north on Wednesday, but I think we will wait until Saturday and hope for the best. I want to make sure Sassafras can finish the A.T. this year. I do not know how or when I would be able to get the time off again. I hope for the bet. Kaboose.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry about your injury, it looks so painful. It would be so great if an update be provided on how you're doing these days. Hope all is well. I really admire you and your daughter both. The AT is never going to give us the advantage.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your going back to finish the trail this summer. I hope you will be able to that ankle looks pretty sore

    ReplyDelete